Are you looking to purchase the best level 2 ev charger for Kia Ev6?
The KIA EV6 is an electric vehicle in the sedan/SUV category. Its 82.5 kWh battery allows it to travel 528 km (328 miles) on electricity alone. In addition, the KIA EV6 has a charging port on the right rear side of the car.
The KIA EV6 has garnered several favorable reviews as a result of its outstanding features. The new long-term 2022 KIA EV6 lacks a plug-in as standard equipment, unlike almost every other new EV.
If you intend to purchase an EV6, you likely already have plans to install a Level 2 charger in your home to charge it. You will get the most use out of your car if you choose the correct charging option for your KIA EV6.
In addition, it is advisable to purchase a rapid charging station for home charging. Due to its system of interchangeable adaptors, the mobile charging station for the KIA EV6 is compatible with most power outlets in many areas.
Best Level 2 EV Charger For KIA EV6
It’s critical to understand the available options when choosing which home charger to buy for your KIA EV6. To help you make the right decision, this article focuses on reviewing the best level 2 EV chargers the KIA EV6.
Universal Compatibility: PRIMECOM 50 Amp Wall Charging Station
This is the best charger with universal compatibility. It has been manually adjusted for amperage in 50-Amp, 48-Amp, 40-Amp, 32-Amp, 30, 28, 25, and 12-Amp modes. Moreover, it offers up to 12KWh power for up to 10X faster charging. Primecom is compatible with all types of EVs and PHEVs.
Furthermore, it comes with the following admirable features:
- An intelligent chip that automatically provides the requested amperage for the KIA EV6.
- A Delay timer of up to 15 hours and a countdown timer function allow you to take advantage of discount electric company rates.
- A display screen shows pertinent information like current temperature, real-time charging amperage, actual charging voltage, total kilowatt usage, and other useful data metrics.
- RFID key that allows you to enable and disable charger authorization on a business or public installation options if necessary.
- It is safe and secure: Primecom Level 2 Chargers have completed demanding tests to guarantee high standards. Along with 12 other built-in safety features, the product has TÜV German Equipment & Product Safety Certification and CE certifications.
- In addition, the charger comes with a control box with LED charge status indicators.
- It uses pure copper cable, which enables you to go up to 100 feet without experiencing voltage loss.
It is one of the most expensive KIA EV6 chargers.
- 🔋 This charger is manually amperage adjustable from 50-Amps, 48, 40, 32, 30, 28, 25, 12 Amps Modes with front button selection provides upto...
- ⌚DELAY TIMER: Up to 15 Hours (in 1 Hour increments) It has also time of the charge (count down timer function) for to take advantage of...
Alternative with a Smart App: JuiceBox 32 Smart EV charging station
This is the best alternative with a smart app. The charger has a free JuiceNet App to remotely manage and keep an eye on charging, receive alerts when your vehicle is fully charged, set charging reminders, and more.
It has a high-power, 32 amperes, 7.7 kW EV charging station, making it up to 6 times faster in charging compared to other charges. It can be installed outdoors and indoors as well.
The JuiceBox comes with the following features:
- Built-in cable rack
- Security lock
- Convenient Wi-Fi connectivity
- Dynamic LED lights that indicate the state of charging
- Voice control via Amazon Echo / Alexa.
- Smart grid savings that allow scheduling of charging sessions when prices are lower
- The smart grid savings makes driving the KIA EV6 cheaper
- Safe and secure
- Easy to use due to the JuiceNet App, and voice command features
- Fast charging
- It is expensive compared to other models
- Up to 6x faster charge: High-power, 32 amperes, 7.7 kW EV charging station. Indoor / outdoor installation. Built-in cable rack and security lock....
- Convenient WiFi connectivity: With the free JuiceNet app, control and monitor charging remotely, get notified when your car is fully charged, set...
Read Also: JuiceBox vs Tesla Charger
Premium Pick: ClipperCreek EV Charger
Compared to the level 1 electric vehicle charger with your KIA EV6, the ClipperCreek level 2 charger offers up to 7 times faster charging.
The ClipperCreek level 2 EV charger was made in California specifically as a commercial auto charging station. As a result, they are made to endure tire runovers and a wide variety of temperatures. Additionally, they have NEMA 4 enclosures that are fully sealed and outdoors-ready to keep internal components dry and the elements out .
Additional features include:
- Durable and flexible 25 feet cable with a J1772 connector allows charging from a far-off.
- A physical manual for ease of information reference before and after installation.
- A wall-mount EV charger holder that ensures safe storage of the charger after use
- A physical J1772 lock that gives you control of who should use the charger at any time
- Safe and secure: The ClipperCreek level 2 EV chargers are ENERGY STAR approved and have received safety certification from ETL, an independent, nationally recognized testing laboratory, under UL 2594 standards.
- Fast charging
- Universal compatibility
- INSTALL WITH CONFIDENCE: Formerly ClipperCreek, the core technology that comes inside every Enphase EV charger has earned its award-winning...
- SAFETY-CERTIFIED AND ALL-WEATHER: Enphase level 2 EV chargers are safety certified by ETL, an Independent Nationally Recognized Testing...
Most Affordable: Lectron NEMA 14-50 Level 2 EV Charger
The charger is designed to make charging an EV quick and simple. It includes a suitable charging cable for use at home and while traveling. Additionally, the charger is compact and tough.
The charger has a long 15-foot cable that allows it to fit into most garages and driveways. The input power for the NEMA 14-50 Plug is 240V.
- Safe and secure: It is built from tough, high-quality materials that ensure the safety and protection of users from shock while charging in rainy conditions.
- Compatible with all J1772 EVs
- Fast charging
- It is cheaper than other models like ClipperCreek, JuiceBox, and Primecom.
- Short warranty compared to other models
- Lacks a Smart app
- FAST CHARGING - This product is designed to make EV charging quick and effortless. Compact and durable, it is the perfect charging cable for home...
- COMPATIBLE WITH J1772 - 40 amp charger plugs into a NEMA 14-50 outlet and is compatible with all J1772 EVs - the North American standard
Alternative with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet Connectivity: Autel MaxiCharger Home EV Charger
Autel, the market leader in automotive diagnostic equipment since 2004, designed the MaxiCharger. It is a 240 Volt EV charging station that can charge any plug-in hybrid up to 9 times faster than a Level 1 normal outlet charger.
The charger is designed with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connectivity options that ensure automatic over-the-air (OTA) firmware updates and seamless connectivity.
Additional features include:
- Advanced Autel Charge mobile app allows for tracking, managing, scheduling, and optimizing smart EV charging anytime, taking advantage of high electricity rates.
- The adjustable power output of up to 50 Amps helps you make the best decision for your home and way of life, avoiding expensive electrical upgrades.
- A strong 25-foot cable, sturdy design, and premium materials provide maximum weather resistance.
- Has a long warranty
- Comes with rebates and incentives that help in reducing the cost of installation.
- Safe and secure.
- It is slightly expensive
- Engineered by Autel, the industry-leader in automotive diagnostic tools since 2004, the MaxiCharger Home is a Level 2, 240 Volt electric vehicle...
- The advanced Autel Charge mobile app allows you to track, manage, schedule, and optimize smart EV charging anytime to take advantage of off-peak...
KIA Ev6 Recommended Charge Level
The Combined Charging Standard is used by the EV6 charging port. The Type 2 connector, used for AC charging at home, work, or public chargers, fits into the top portion of the intake.
Both the upper and lower parts on the intake are used to accommodate the high power output necessary for public fast/rapid DC charging. In addition, the vehicle’s rear right corner has the EV6 CCS charging outlet.
An 11 kW onboard charger for Type 2 AC charging is a standard feature of the KIA EV6 . This indicates that the KIA EV6 can only charge at a maximum rate of 11 kW, even when linked to a fast charger with an output rating higher than that. Therefore, up to 225 kW, DC of ultra-rapid charging power is available for KIA EV6 vehicles.
Based on actual energy usage, the KIA EV6’s gasoline expenses range from 4 to 8 per mile, with the price dependent on the charging method. Home charging offers the lowest cost per mile, whereas quick public charging is typically twice as expensive (per charge and mile). These fuel prices are competitive with traditional petrol and diesel cars’ 12–15 pence per mile.
KIA Niro Charging
The Niro EV can reach 80% of its capacity in less than an hour with a 64.0 kWh battery and fast charging capabilities of up to 7.7 kW when utilizing a DC fast charger.
The Niro can charge from zero to full capacity with the supplied level 1 charger in about 60 hours. The charging time is significantly decreased with a more potent level 2 EV charging station, such as the one discussed above. The Niro can be fully charged within 9 hours using a level 2 charger .
Read Also: Kia Ev6 Problems
The electric Niro and the plug-in hybrid Niro can be charged at the same station. The KIA Niro PHEV can be fully charged using a level 2 charger in 2.5 hours, allowing drivers to charge overnight at home or on a day at work and still have enough power to get to their destination using only battery power.
Read Next: Kia Mild Hybrid Engine Problems