Are you looking for the best cold air intake for Jeep Wrangler JK?
There are a number of ways to improve your vehicle’s performance. The easiest and fastest upgrade is to replace the factory-installed air intake system.
This one simple step can increase the airflow through the engine, which in turn upgrades the horsepower and torque performance of your Jeep Wrangler. There are a variety of cold air intake systems to choose from, but not all of them will suit Jeep Wrangler JK.
You need to pick the right cold air intake system that will be affordable, reliable, efficient, and easy to install. When it comes to engine improvements, “more power” is the ultimate game plan!
Best Cold Air Intake for Jeep Wrangler Jk
#1 Best Overall and Cheapest
This system is designed to increase horsepower and torque; by up to 50 percent more airflow than factory box air filters. This cold air intake system also protects your engine from dirt and debris.
It includes these components: air filter, intake tube, heat shield, edge trim, adapter, reducer coupler, funnel base, and literature pack. Its black powder-coated heat shield helps prevent warm air from the engine bay from entering the intake inlet.
- Red specter reusable low restriction air filter
- Polished aluminum tubing
- Black powder-coated heat shield
- No filter cleaning for up to 100,000 miles
- It will not void the vehicle’s warranty
- Easy to install
Cons: Drivers have complained of the filter coming off
#2 Highest Performance Pick
The K&N cold air intake kit improves your vehicle’s engine sound and acceleration and upgrades the uphill performance when towing. In addition, it can increase airflow by up to 50% and offers generous warranty deals.
The manufacturers boast of a 10-year/10 million mile warranty. They also claim that you won’t need to clean your filter until you reach the 100k mile mark.
It will fit the 2012-2018 Jeep Wrangler Jk models. These intake kits are designed for specific mods and years, ensuring a precise fit in the engine.
- State of the art high flow air filter
- Detailed step-by-step instructions on how to install
- Improved engine sound
- Easy installation (bolt-on) in less than an hour
Cons: The breather hose doesn’t always fit the tube. The crankcase is made of cheap plastic.
#3 Premium Pick
Airaid performance air intake systems feature an aerodynamically-engineered intake tube. This is designed to improve and accelerate airflow to your engine and decrease turbulence—helping increase your vehicle’s performance.
Each system is fitted with a washable, reusable air filter designed to capture contaminants and provide top-quality engine protection.
In addition, this simple-to-install system helps to maintain proper air-to-fuel ratios, thereby eliminating the need for recalibration after installation.
Most Airaid air intake systems offer the option of oiled(synthaflow) and non-oiled(synthamax) air filters.
Synthamax is recommended for street driving, while synthaflow is recommended for driving in dry and dusty conditions. It’s compatible with the 2012-2017 Jeep Wrangler jk models. Unfortunately, at $449.99, it’s the most expensive on this list.
- Increased horsepower
- Superior filtration
- Easy install
- High-performance reusable filters
- Dry synthetic synthamax air filter
- Closed airbox design
- Lifetime warranty
#4 Alternative with Filtration technology
Volant uses Donaldson’s PowerCore Filtration technology to load submicron contaminants on the surface rather than collecting in the depth of the filter.
Also, Volant’s Cool Air box is larger than the factory unit and has a larger opening to collect a higher volume of colder air. This system boosts efficiency and increases performance on your aftermarket air intake system.
The filter media in this intake system won’t deteriorate as easily as traditional cotton/gauze filters. In addition, it’s water resistant-so, getting wet won’t ruin your airflow or cause a decrease in performance. Finally, the warranty offered on replacing air filters is four years or 100000 miles in urban conditions(whichever comes first).
The Filter Options Include:
- PowerCore is the best filtration on the market with 100,000 maintenance-free miles of driving and is perfect for hard conditions
- MaxFlow 5 Oiled Filter offers improved performance with the comfort of oiled filtration technology for those looking for horsepower.
- Improve Engine Operating
- Improve Horsepower and Torque
Why You Should Install a Cold Air Intake System
Installing a cold air intake filter can noticeably improve the performance of your Jeep Wrangler. You will have increased horsepower and torque and a quicker throttle response. Some cold air systems also improve the fuel efficiency of your Wrangler.
Even though these improvements may not seem a lot overall, your Jeep Wrangler would certainly benefit from them.
The filter offered by the cold air intake system is better than the filter included in the factory-installed system. In addition, the cold intake system filters are generally cleanable and, thus, reusable.
The typical paper filters that are factory fitted in your Jeep have a shorter lifespan than that of the cold intake system. This means that cold air intake is more cost-effective over the long term.
Why Buy a Cold Air Intake?
If you’ve been searching for a simple and efficient modification that will improve your vehicle’s performance, then a cold air intake is right up your alley. Cold air intake is not only a cheaper modification, but it is also easy to install.
Vehicles usually come with stock air intake systems already fitted, but often these do not work very well. They get easily clogged by dirt and contaminants.
Running your vehicle with the factory-fitted system is compared to running your vehicle while it has a stuffy nose; its breathing, and therefore its performance, is restricted.
The right intake system can add 5-20 horsepower to your engine. It can also improve your vehicle’s engine response. 
Read Also: Best Quiet Tires For Jeep Wrangler
As the air moves through the engine, it produces a more aggressive sound. This is a preferred sound for many Jeep fans. However, if you do not want a noisier engine, you can have a muffled option.
Installation of a Cold Air Intake System
It is very important to get a cold air system that is a precise fit for the model and year of your Jeep Wrangler. If you get something else, it may not fit perfectly. 
The installation of this system is pretty easy, and it’s one you can do with simple hand tools. Once you have purchased a compatible cold air intake system, complete the following steps:
- Park your Wrangler in a good parking space that gives you access to the front and sides of your vehicle. Make sure that the area is well lit so that you can see what you are doing.
- Turn off the vehicle’s ignition, and the engine has cooled completely before continuing.
- Unplug your car battery. Start with the negative terminal-the black or unmarked terminal. Next, unplug the positive terminal(red).
- Locate the factory-fitted intake system. It should look like a large plastic airbox with a tube leading to the engine.
- Proceed to uninstall the old intake system. You will need to remove everything. You will most likely need a wrench or socket set to loosen the bolts and mounts you may find. Carefully remove any sensors that are included in the system. You may wish to keep the old system in case of any issues with the new system.
- To install the new air intake system, follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Most cold air intake systems normally come with an installation guide. However, you will most likely need to get under the vehicle to complete the installation of this system. Don’t get carried away and forget to re-install the sensors you removed from the old system.
- Take an inventory and make sure everything is in its proper place. Tighten any loose bolts and check that the intake does not come into contact with other objects within the engine bay.
- Reattach your battery, and start with the positive terminal.
- Do a final check to make sure everything is in place. Then, you can take your vehicle for a test drive.
Related: P06dd Error Code on Jeep Wrangler
In conclusion, a cold air intake can provide significant benefits for Jeep Wrangler JK owners who want to increase engine performance and efficiency. By increasing the flow of cool air to the engine you will get more power and torque.
However, before purchasing a cold air intake, it’s important to consider factors like compatibility, installation difficulty, and budget.
Read Next: Are Jeep Wrangler Key Fobs Waterproof